Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Family...



With Family Day around the corner here in Ontario, Canada, I got to thinking about how we celebrate our families everyday. Families aren't just the traditional format these days and we shrink or expand our definitions as our families change. My family looked like this in the summer of 2009. This picture was taken by Angela Smith in Waterloo and for those of you who read my blog regularly, you will have seen many of her photos grace my scrapbook pages. I posted a challenge at Two Scrapbook Friends today to share your family photos, both good and bad and old and new.

In addition to the new stuff going on at Two Scrapbook Friends, I have been actively participating in the My Sketch World Sketch-a-thon.  Lucy Chesna has been producing a thrilling array of new (and previously loved) sketches over the past 15 days.  I just completed the following based on this sketch for day 11:
I used My Little Yellow Bicycle patterned papers, gears from Maya Road, Ribbon and Ric Rac from Jillybean Soup and foam letters from Thickers. I sewed a zigzag stitch to connect all 9 patches and cut the You Are My Hero from a Silohuette design.  I can hardly wait to get today's sketch! Keep up the good work Lucy!

So be sure to celebrate your family in both the big ways and the small ones. My friend who had some pretty sad times in the past two years that she is going to remember to spend her life rather than save all her money. It made me even more determined to get every drop  of LIFE out of each and every day. Keep doing what you love to do!

Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment