Monday, November 7, 2011

November Reveal for My Sketch World (and I was a double winner!)

This month's sketch crom My Sketch World was a wonderful whimsical sketch. It incorporated a banner and three horizontal strips to create flow. Here it is:
I am working with some family pictures taken by Angela Smith Photography in Waterloo. I chose two of my darling son, Max and me. I know the time is coming when he won't think I am the best girl in the world, and I think these pictures capture the love we still have for each other (and that he can still show me!)

I have gotten used to using a complete "line" from a manufacturer, which is so very easy! But this time I challenged myself to mix it up a bit. I pulled some old favourites from Crate Paper, My Minds Eye, and Glitz Design. I also inked some chipboard phrases and letters from Maya Road.

The heart is a chipboard piece from Maya Road. I inked it brown and added miscellaneous buttons in the colours from the main piece from Crate paper. After I added the buttons I quickly added the beads from Stampin Up! to fill in the spaces. It has to be a quick process since the glue dries quickly.

Lots of stitching later, and VOILA! I hope you'll head over and see what everyone is doing at My Sketch World! The takes on this sketch are fabulous as usual!


I also wanted to share with you that I recently played along with a manufacturer challenge at Two Peas in a Bucket! I was one of three winners chosen to win $35 in  Authentique product. Those of you who know me well know I am in love with this new mover and shaker on the scrapbooking scene. I also visit their blog regularly and play along with their challenges. I played along with their colour challenge and won! I will receive a paper pack from them directly! I can't tell you how excited I am. Please drop in and say hi and play along with their monthly challenges..you could win too!

I hope you are getting some creative time in this month too. Til next time, keep doing what you love!
Christa

1 comment: