Friday, December 16, 2011

Friendzy Friday With Two Scrapbook Friends: Snowy Snow!

Happy December!

This Friday I wanted to share with you a simple but lovely technique I used to make these snowy letters.


You will need:



Letters in the word of your choice. (Mine are cut with my Silhouette and the LD Boogie Down Font)
A Xyron Sticker Maker (you can use a strong fast drying glue but it is messier and dry time increases accordingly)
Chunky Glitter (I used some I have had lying around for a few Christmases now)
Glitter tray

Let's begin:

1. Take your word of choice and place the letters into the sticker make BACKWARDS. This way the adhesive is on the front of the letter.






3. Taking the glitter tray apply glitter to the adhesive side.

4. Do all the letters so they look like this!


I used them on a design using Echo Park Winter Park Line. These pictures of my son Max were taken so long ago. Makes me nostalgic.


I hope you will give this technique a try on your holiday cards or layouts. Until next time keep doing what you love to do!

Christa

6 comments:

  1. Wow! A amazing layout Christa! Love the snow covered letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique Christa. And love how those letters look on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual an amazing layout made by you. :) And the glittery title really makes the trick. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your layout!!! The title work is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did the snow title

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, what can I say. I really love your Snow title. I am not a big fan of glitter but you may have just converted me. It is perfect for your layout and Max is looking pretty handsome too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete