Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friendzy Friday: Pretty Dressform

Good Morning! Today on Friendzy Friday, I want to share with you a pretty chipboard dress form.You can add them to your cards or layouts and they add dimension and texture and can be the "wow" you are looking for!

To make this card you will need the following:

Fast Drying glue
Trimmer
Distress Ink and tool
Trim
Needle and Thread
Border punch
Maya Road Chipboard Dress Form
An 8 inch piece of patterned paper
A scrap of matching paper for the top


Step 1:

I used my trimmer to cut a 1 inch strip and border punched along the edge.
I used two matching patterns of paper here.


Step 2.
Once I punched the strips I began folding them accordion-style.
Step 3:
I used my paper piercer to put holes in the
accordion pieces.
Step 4:
This makes it easier to thread the needle through the holes and create
the fan shape required for the skirt. I do this on each piece.

Step 5:
I then inked the dress form chipboard.

Step 6:
I added glue and attached the pleated fan shape. You will have to hold the pleats on quite firmly

Step 7:
I traced the shape of the bodice on the plain cream paper. And glued it on.

Step 8:
Trace the upper part of the dress form on a plain or matching piece of cardstock.
Cut it out and adhere it to the dress form.




Step 9:
Using a small piece of ribbon, fold and sew it to create a blossom.

Step 10:
Glue the sleeves on in the appropriate location.

Step 11:
Add bling or adornment as you like.


I made a dress form similar to this one for a layout featuring my daughter's elegant Princess dress.

I hope you'll give this feminine embellishment a try!
Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa

2 comments: