Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cute as a Button..garland, that is!

I wanted to share a little design I made using Simple Stories Summer Fresh line. I love Simple Stories as a rule, and this line is no different. It has burlap and denim elements (which I find super inspiring) as well as lots of greens, reds, yellows and blues.

This design features a photo of my daughter (which she disliked and says makes her cute nose look huge; NOT!) But I love it because her cheeks are rosy and her smile is sweet. I want to remember these young features when she has grown up.


I used a piece of patterned paper that had a large chevron on it and fussy cut it out. I machine stitched the top and bottom in black thread.  I also used some white paint to provide a visual highlight for my small cluster in the upper right and lower right. I cut a large flower from burlap and layered a Prima flower with a bright yellow button.


But what I love the most is my button garland! I used thin twine and threaded each button and spool on to it. That great flower button is courtesy of Close to My Heart. I used a bit of glue to tack it down only a few places just so it 'flowed' along the twine a bit more.

I hope you will give this button garland idea a try! Until next time, keep doing what you love to do.
Christa

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Christa! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the button garland, just perfect! Such a fabulous colour palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! Love the Garland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your button garland is great!! I love those little wood spools you used as well. And your burlap flower is great...I love this layout!

    ReplyDelete