Thursday, February 28, 2013

#Snowday


I was thrilled to be given the Fancy Pants Blissful Blizzard by Two Scrapbook Friends very recently as my design assignment. Even though I am not a prolific winter photo taker, this collection is very versatile and in the days to come I hope you will see lots of ways to use this beautiful paper line.

In fact, since yesterday was another snow day here in frosty Southern Ontario and it was a gorgeous day. There was lots of fun snow and the kids always enjoy their illicit absence from school when there is a mountain of the white stuff in our backyard.

My first design shares with you photos I took on the last snow day we had not too many weeks ago. I have been taking photos using my Instagram program and posting them to Twitter and Facebook. The title uses a 'hashtag' which I thought was particularly witty, if I do say so myself.
I
I used Mr. Huey mist in the opaque white to create a 'white out' effect. I had some Studio Calico snowflakes with I misted over to leave this stamped out pattern in the mist.
 
The square photo is mounted in a white pennant shape and I used triangles along the side cut from the different patterns in this collection.
Some of the snowflakes are left in their natural wood colour, while I misted others.
 
I hope you have enjoyed your 'snow day' and this little bit of inspiration. Until next time, keep doing what you love.

4 comments: