Friday, April 26, 2013

Up, Up & Away

I wanted to showcase these really cute pictures of my family from October 2012. It's not that often that Max lets me take a really good shot where he's not making goofy teenager-boy faces, so when I do get a few I want to immortalize them in the best way. But they sat around in my photo bin just waiting for inspiration to strike.


It's not often that I get inspired to create from products alone. In fact, usually my photos drive my creative process. But on this rare occasion, I was inspired by Studio Calico's wood veneer travel pack (none of which is shown here!) which has a very cute little jet and the map-like patterned paper from their Here and There Collection brought to mind a globe and..VOLIA the plan was struck!

I found this little jet digital shape on Silhouette and placed them around my globe shape.
 
 It's a simple yet effective design which really expresses movement and the idea of travel.

You can find more of Studio Calico's Here and There and the wood veneer at Two scrapbook Friends online store, here.

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!

3 comments:

  1. Love your globe and the jets, perfect! Fabulous layout Christa!
    I have the same problem with Austin, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Christa!! Loving the jets flying around your globe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous...love the globe and airplanes...and your wonderful photos

    ReplyDelete