Sunday, May 18, 2014

Stuck Sketch and Remembering Love

It's time for another sketch at Stuck?! and a layout inspired by the wonderful relationship I have with my very bestest friend (my PERSON) Carey. It's a wonderful thing that our daughters have found that same friendship. I love this photo and wanted to give it the treatment it deserves.

My usual style asks for usually one larger photo and this sketch was easily adaptable. Although if I could have found three photos I liked I would have loved to challenge myself, but alas, to no avail!

I used some wood veneer here and sewed right over top. I couldn't believe that my sewing machine would take the beating and keep on ticking but it did! The contrasting thread in aqua is a great accent for the other shades of blue..

I hope you will play along and link up over at Stuck?! Blog so you can win! This month's prizes are donated by Creative Embellishments.

So get creative, and inspired by Laura's wonderful sketch. Until next time, keep doing what you love!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Christa, this is gorgeous! A beautiful photo and beautiful details and accents. Love how you sewed over the wood veneer! I would be afraid!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page it truly shows the love of the people in it!

    ReplyDelete